The GVC Group Overview:
GVC Holdings PLC is one of the world’s largest sports betting and gaming groups and have a unique proprietary technology platform, offering sports betting, casino, poker and bingo and operate some of the industry’s most popular online brands including BWIN, Sporting Bet, Party Poker, Party Casino and Foxy Bingo. In March 2018 GVC acquired Ladbrokes Coral Group PLC to become the UK’s largest high street bookmaker, adding iconic retail and online gaming brands, Ladbrokes, Coral and Gala to the GVC portfolio.
The Pain Points:
- The GVC group onboard an extremely high volume of customers across several brands and platforms on a daily basis. This high volume and diversity of customers at the on-boarding stage creates significant challenges and consequently GVC were looking for a tool that efficiently automates screening, adheres to industry regulations, and segregates the process by brand.
- During the integration of W2’s screening service, W2 worked closely with GVC to ensure that matching thresholds and algorithms were set at a level that reduced the market wide problem of ‘false positive’ results whilst ensuring all positive matches were being captured. This reduced the need for unnecessary reviews and remediation. The initial screening of GVC customers is conducted daily with uploads of all active customers received weekly, ensuring that GVC are comfortable that these robust compliance processes meet current and future regulatory requirements and assists in keeping crime out of gambling at the customer on-boarding stage.
- By implementing the above processes GVC’s on-boarding and on-going monitoring processes have been improved immensely; reducing GVC man hours whilst ensuring complete compliance and keeping crime out of gambling. Since the initial set-up all GVC brands have now been migrated to the W2 BSMART platform.
“…the overall experience of partnering with W2 has been extremely positive, with additional brands and platforms added to the portfolio. We are continually impressed with W2’s prompt, professional and personalised support. We look forward to working with them as our business continues to grow…“
Paul Buttigieg, GVC Group
- W2 appoints Peter Murray to head up sales activities - 26th March 2020
- W2 delivers a Webinar update to its clients - 25th March 2020
- New Webinar: Gambling Operators – Staying Afloat in a Virtual World - 24th March 2020